Thursday, April 2, 2009

40 weeks 2 days

Still pregnant. However, the good news is that I'm already 50% effaced and 2-3 cms dilated. Plus I've lost 2 lbs which is a sign of impending labor. The midwife went ahead and stripped my membranes. She thinks I'll go this weekend. If not I have a nonstress test scheduled for Monday morning and a doctor's appt. scheduled for that afternoon. The nurse said that scheduling the nonstress test usually puts you into labor ;).

So, Midwife Diane is on call tonight, Midwife Sara is on call Friday, and Dr. S. is on call Saturday. Although I would prefer a midwife, I really like Dr. S. I've met him twice and Diane said he could be a midwife (meaning he's laid back about the whole birth thing). Soooooo....anytime baby!

Oh, I was also given strict orders from the midwife to have sex promptly followed by a back rub.

Will try to update if anything else happens!

*Edited to add "from the midwife" ;)

2 comments:

pepe said...

Good news, yeay! AM

Anonymous said...

Strict orders from whom?