Well, Alice has had a great first week of life. Of course, her Mommy never has time to post anymore.
Monday
I have no idea what we did on Monday. Probably nothing. Watch TV? Eat?
Tuesday
We had our first outing to Target. I'm constantly amazed at how different parenting is the second time around. When I had to breastfeed during one of my first outings with Lucius I found a store with a dressing room to go hide in so that I could do it discreetly. My, how the definition of discreet has changed. At Target I found myself walking up and down the toy aisle while simultaneously breastfeeding Alice and trying to get Lucius to pick out a birthday present.
Wednesday
Alice had her first pediatrician's appointment and got her first vaccination (Hep B). She was not a happy camper and let her feelings be known. I guess she needs that temper with an older brother. She had gained 6.5 oz from Sunday to Wednesday. So, just like Lucius, she likes to eat and seems to be growing fast.
Height = 21.5' (97%tile)
Weight = 7 lbs. 14.5 oz. (75%tile)
All her other systems seem to be working properly. She's a strong little one just like Lu. She was able to pick her head up and move it from side to side since day one. Alice also has been smiling in her sleep since the day she was born. I'm pretty sure that Lucius didn't do that until 5 or 6 weeks. I also swear that I heard her laughing in her sleep. Maybe she'll be a happy little girl.
Thursday
Today was Lucius' 3rd birthday! I'll do a separate post for that, but Alice did very well on our birthday outings...she slept the whole time.
Friday
We went to a friend's house for an Easter party (egg hunt, games, food, playing, etc...). Again, Alice slept the whole time. And speaking of sleep, she's had two really good nights. On Friday night I fed her at 9pm and she slept until 2am. I fed her at 2am and then she slept until 5:30am. Fed her again and she slept until about 9:30am! And she actually slept on her little princess pillow between me and Tom...we didn't have to hold her. Needless to say, she's been a really easy baby so far. I just hope it stays that way! I have to admit that I haven't even attempted to put her to sleep in the cradle next to our bed our in her room. I probably could but she's just too cute sleeping in between us. I call her Miss Piggy because when she starts to wake up she snorts like a little pig. She's even sleeping on her back!! Lucius never did that. Don't tell anyone but he was always a belly sleeper.
What difference between this time and how I was with Lucius! I couldn't wait to get him in his crib.
Oh, diaper changes are a pain in the butt. First of all, she hates getting her diaper changed. She throws a complete hissy fit. Second, girls are impossible to change...all those nooks and crannies. Plus, Alice is so stiff and squeezes everything so tight I can't get in there to clean. Oh and no one told me that girls peed in the back. I found out while in the hospital when the nurse showed me her completely full diaper...the same one I had been checking the entire day for pee except that I was squeezing the front to check (you know, where boys pee) instead of the back. I'm learning!
2 comments:
So so so so cute! What an awesome Daddy and big brother!
Wow, she changed so much already! I am glad she has been easy so far (for the most part). Perfect second child:) Ana-Maria
Post a Comment