Thursday, April 10, 2008

Post Birthday Post

I think Lu's birthday was a success. Thanks for all of the birthday wishes!
I brought cookies (Tom made chocolate chip and I made snickerdoodles) into daycare Wednesday morning for Lu's birthday "party".
Everyone sang "happy birthday" and he got to blow out a candle. As you can see he was very excited to be the center of attention!


Unfortunately my video camera wasn't working so I couldn't get any video. Poop.



I stuck around and got some really cute pictures of all the kids. It was the first day of nice spring weather that we've had!


Now that Lu's 2 he can go on the big climber at daycare. It's actually quite high and Lu came this close to falling off of it. Scared him pretty good. So good that after five minutes of trying to coax him down the slide I had to climb up the dang thing and get him down.





The original plan was for me to make a cake when Tom suggested that I make an Elmo cake since his Mom made character cakes for all of his birthday. To which I politely responded that if HIS Mom made the cake then HE should carry on that family tradition.

And so he did...

It came out great! I think this should be his job from now on. Are you with me?


Of course Lu got lots of cool presents. A book reader from Grandma.


A bubble machine! This is the best invention ever. No more hyperventilating while trying to blow a measly bubble through a little wand.


A cool puzzle with different locks. Don't worry, I'm not sleeping.

A Dr.'s kit. Lu knew exactly what to do since he's had to accompany me to the allergist weekly for the past 6 months.

Don't worry. The allergist doesn't do this.

This is what happens when cake, black icing, and little boys mix. Zorro!!


Lu had his 2 year check-up today and he did great. He laid very still on the exam table while Lynda felt his belly ("it tickle"). I was very proud of him. Unfortunately, that's the last time we get to see Lynda (unless he gets sick before we move). He went to her from day 4 and she is such a great practitioner. I hope we find someone similar in NJ. Due to the move I got a copy of his complete medical file and now we're one step closer to cutting ties in CT.

Weight: 32 lbs.
Height: 36 in.
I guess he's back up to the 90%tile for height and weight. My arms kept telling me that he got heavier!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and comments. Lu is growing up so fast! He is such a cute boy. The cake is adorable. Lu looks like a pro when blowing out those candles. Happy Birthday Big Boy!

Steph and Dan said...

Happy second birthday Eve. I am saying that to you as you did all the work all those years ago. Can you believe you have a 2 year old. Sorry I've been so quite. I've been checking in with you everyday. So when are you leaving? I have to get up to see you guys before you go. Talk to you soon.

Steph

Erin and Kyle said...

So FRICKIN' CUTE! The cake is awesome...I think that Tom should be responsible for all character-related birthday treats. I can not believe that Lu is 2 years old....it goes so quickly.

JoAnn said...

Happy Birthday Lu! Your present it on it's way :-) BTW... we love those bubble machines too but learned the hard way w/Bria that too many bubbles can get into the eyes and really sting! "No More Tears" baby shampoo came to our rescue! Haha It works great in the machine and you don't have to worry about the bubbles stinging their eyes.