Thursday, January 18, 2007

Signs, signs, everywhere are signs

We've been doing baby sign language with Lucius in the hopes that it would cut down on frustration and subsequent melt downs. Well, for the past couple of weeks Tom has been insisting that Lucius has been signing "all done" and "eat". To be honest, I don't really buy it.

Lu did make it in to daycare on Thursday (finally). I found out that two other infants had the same illness. He's doing much better - I'd say 98%. I never realized that I'd be so excited about poop and inspecting every one.

While he was sick I did teach him how to high-five...so we weren't totally unproductive.

Oh yeah, he's also teething...again. His fourth tooth on the bottom is coming in. That one makes 8.

5 comments:

Darren said...

Kay has taught our kids some sign language. Mostly they like to use it when they are mad at us and don't want to talk.

Anonymous said...

Mom says..how about some more video.
Dad says..have you had to use the pointed finger yet.

Anonymous said...

I use "sign language" with Tom if I'm mad at him too.

I probably have used the pointed finger but not the spatula.

-Eve

Anonymous said...

Eve,
Love the new videos! What a great little dancer you have, and I definitely think those counted as real steps. Good luck with the baby sign language.

Eve said...

Well, since Tom "forced" him to take those steps, Lu now refuses to try to walk or stand alone. He knows when we're about to let go of his hands and he immediately sits down. Oh, the defiance is starting already!