Sunday, March 27, 2011

The birthdays approach

The big birthdays are approaching. Lucius will be 5 (FIVE!) and Alice will be 2 (TWO!).

I had to give Alice her first official time-out yesterday. I caught her dumping handfuls of cat food into their water dish. I was very serious and told her "no,no" and then tapped her hand and said "ditty, ditty" which REALLY made her upset. She had to sit on the stairs for 1 minute...which she did very nicely...she just wailed the whole time. When the timer went off we "talked" about what she did and I made her say sorry ("saw-wee mama")...then we had lots of hugs and kisses and everything was OK. ;)

Lucius is maturing by leaps and bounds...the things that come out of this child's mouth are just hilarious. He keep us and his teachers entertained. The other night I asked him to get me a napkin and he said "what am I like your service or something? ha ha I'm just kidding". His teachers told me he had requested his "water service" at lunch the other day. LOL. I had to explain 1) that it's servant not service and 2) what servant even means.











1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness!!! They are both getting to be SO big!!! Love the new pics, they are adorable!!