Saturday, January 9, 2010

VA visit

Just a quick post about Alice's stats (before I forget).

Alice had her 9-month checkup on Thursday. All seems fine.

Height: 28" (50 %tile)
Weight: 17 lbs. 1 oz. (10-20 %tile)

The doctor asked if she was pulling herself up to standing and I just laughed. Um, no. Not even close. She then asked if she can support herself when you stand her up. I said "yes" and tried to demonstrate except that Miss Alice kept spreading her legs out to the sides trying to do the splits every time I tried. Oh, that girl. At least she started doing the army crawl the week before, so the Dr. wasn't too worried about her lack of gross motor skills.

I think she's trying to clap...but again, those gross motor skills are holding her back ;)

Alice has turned into a social little girl. She LOVES parties and being passed around and paid attention too. She will let you know if she's not getting the attention she thinks she deserves.

Me and the kids are spending a few days in VA with my family. Great to see everyone. Hopefully I'll get around to posting Christmas pictures soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We call that a low crawl, next time I visit, if she hasn't picked it up yet, I'll demonstrate that and the high crawl... actually, I think Lu would get a kick out of it.
Hope you got your grades in and all is well!
- blake