Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Night job

This semester I'm teaching a class on Tuesday nights from 7:25p-9:55p which means that I miss the bedtime routine with the kids. Last night was the first meeting and on my way home I was thinking about how much I actually miss putting the kids to bed. Or at least being there to give out hugs and kisses. I have to admit that I don't miss them much during the day...but there's just something sad about not tucking them in at night. When I got home a little after 9p I walked in to find Tom walking around with a very sad Alice in his arms. She typically goes down at 7:30p, no problem. I quickly brought her upstairs, nursed her and put her down for the night.

I guess she felt the same way.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Eve is typically more restless (waking up and crying) if I am not home when she is put to bed. Routine is very powerful...for all of us!

Anonymous said...

awww, that's precious:)She's a sensitive lil girl.