You have to click on the picture to see the wallpaper.
After
So the wallpaper design wasn't horrible, but the way they put it up was. They overlapped the seems which of course started to curl back because it's a humid bathroom without a fan. So, I scraped it all off (which was a nightmare) and repainted. I also spray painted the cabinet knobs and medicine cabinet...and put up a new cheap-Wal-Mart-but-better-than-what-was-there) light fixture. Speaking of spray paint...I'm now addicted to the Krylon spray paint. I daydream about finding new things to spray paint. For $3 a can it's a cheap way to makeover things.
This is what I found when I removed the medicine cabinet to paint it. A pile of razorblades. Weird. My only guess is that they used them as a shim? I didn't touch them...put the cabinet back right on top.
And like the rest of the house I still need to hang some art, or candle holders, or shelves or both.
I finally hung some family pictures in our front hallway. They sat in a closet for a year.
2 comments:
If you look in the back of an old medicine cabinet there is a slot. The slot was to dispose of your old double edge razor blades. We had those in the old algretus house.
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/chicago/look/look-old-school-bathroom-razor-disposal-048801
Bathroom looks good Eve!!
Post a Comment