Well, I think we bought a house this weekend. We went to NJ Wednesday night and spent Thursday and Friday looking at houses (we saw about 20). On Friday night about an hour after our realtor dropped us off we called her back and said we wanted to put an offer down on a house. Fast forward to 1pm on Saturday while we're driving home, our realtor called us to say that the owners had accepted our offer! Wow. I'm surprised at how fast these things happen. Today (Sunday mind you) we got a call from a potential mortgage lender asking us about our offer. I guess that's just how things are done in the real estate business. Lock them in fast!
We still have to get the contract, put down a deposit, and then go through the inspection. Barring any unforeseen circumstances we'll settle on July 25th.
I'll hold off on posting pics until after the inspection. I don't want to jinx this! I'm trying to limit my excitement just in case the deal falls through...however, this seems pretty definite. The house has been vacant since December and the owners have moved out of state. I'm thinking that they want this house off of their hands! When they accepted our offer they also had to agree to pull the house off the market and not accept any other offers. We walked through the house twice and didn't see any major issues. Here's to hoping that the inspector won't find anything major as well! I'm also pretty confident that the assessment won't be lower than our offer price.
Fingers crossed!
Just some notes about the house...of course it was Tom's immediate first choice because it's friggin' huge. I honestly had no intentions of getting a house this big but Tom needs his space. I actually didn't like the house the first time we saw it. The garden is what started to change my mind. Now I love it. I'm glad that Tom got his first choice, now he can't complain about it!
Some house stats:
35 years old
4 bedrooms
2.5 baths
.25 acres with an amazing garden
about 1 mile from the university
needs updating but is definitely in livable condition
1 comment:
SMILES! :-)
Sounds terrific, w/lots of room for family to come visit too! hehe
Here's hoping that all goes well with the inspector. Hang in there...
Post a Comment