Occasionally I take a stroll down memory lane and look at past blog entries. Then I realize how, um, nice our apartment looks. Like, the computer chair that now doubles as Lu's high chair. I'm finally starting to get sick of living like a college kid. Tom keeps telling me that someday we'll have grown-up furniture...
Unfortunately, having both chosen the academic path in life I think that grown up furniture is still in the far far future. I have to keep reminding my father that we're PhDs, not MDs. I need to keep reminding myself of that too.
Furniture aside, I think we are going to buy a house. We're very excited/nauseous. I'd much rather have an empty house than a nicely furnished apartment any day!
3 comments:
Ah yes how I remember that feeling. A mixture of fear and foreboding. In fact, I am feeling it again as I start writing checks to pay to have our basement finished.
Good luck with the house shopping. My advice is to pay a little more for house that doesn't need much work rather than buy a cheaper fixer-upper that will need lots of TLC. You won't have the time. Ripping down country classic wallpaper and repainting takes forever.
Darren
Oh how exciting! I can help decorate. My specialty is frugally chic. I've been doing it forever;) I do have a wallpaper steamer and as a matter of fact I just used it to take down the border in my kitchen. It was getting a little dated. Say NO to Wallpaper!!!! I can bring the steamer to you, if wallpaper is an issue. It's very relaxing taking it down.
I just found out that there are auctions in Chantilly where you can get 'model home' furniture for super super cheap. I'm going to look into it myself, although I generally say that the less furniture you have the less you have to move.
Susan
Post a Comment