Sunday, September 23, 2007

Visit From Sitty and Jagee

New "old man" PJs.


Sitty and Jagee got their comps from Atlantic City so they had to come for a visit to use them up. Woohoo! And who says gambling's a bad thing?



Lucius was poring a bottle of water into his sippy cup and his grandparents didn't realize that he doesn't know when to stop.


So...Jagee ended up very wet.






Hail to the Redskins! Boo to the Giants!



Eating lunch at his big boy desk.
'

We spent Saturday afternoon picking apples, peaches, and pears at Hickory Hill Orchards.














We had a great time visiting with Sitty and Jagee. And thanks again for the coupons! Mom gave me her Sunday inserts and between the store savings and manufacturer coupons I saved $64.90 this week (43 items purchased). I ended up spending $77 which is still more than I'd like to spend but the grocery bill is slowly going down. Not bad considering that we don't eat out and I now have enough meat for the next 2 weeks. I'm sort of new to this whole coupon thing, but I'm quickly learning the ropes.
Now I just have to master the ECBs at CVS and the RRs at Walgreens.
I've been collecting my harvest points for Shaw's so I get an extra $20 off my final bill next week! Woohoo! The savings! I can taste them!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy are you a frugal fanny like your big sister! Do you think we'll ever be like Mom and Dad and gamble all our savings away?! I guess we save now and spend later.. The pictures are great and the apples look so yummy. Lu is as precious as a peach.
Auntie Cindy

Steph and Dan said...

Hey, we were apple picking too. So much fun. I hope you guys are all well.

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed the entire weekend. You didn't mention the apple cider doughnuts. A great family. Mom and I did 1 week a year for 47 years. An occasional trip to A.C.is our thank you to one another.

Anonymous said...

...and about those Redskins...

Eve said...

No need to justify your "habits".
We're very happy that you and Mom are getting out there and enjoying life. Even if that means spending the inheritance in the quarter slots and eating wings at Hooters. ;)

JoAnn said...

The apple orchard looks terrific! Hey did you happen to see many bees while you were there?

Bria says "hi" to Lu! She says he looks like a 3 yr old in one of those pictures. :-) Very cute.

Anonymous said...

I thought it quite odd that there were no bees around all the fallen apples,peaches and pears.
Mom