- 8:30a -- Dropped Lu off at daycare happy as a clam! It was his first day in about a month that he wasn't sick. He even slept until 6:40a that morning (he usually wakes between 5-5:30a).
- 10:30a -- During outside morning play Lu was trying to walk up the slide. As you can guess, he slipped, hit his chin, and bit his tongue pretty badly. His mouth was full of blood and his reaction could've won an academy award. They quickly stopped the bleeding and got him inside for lunch. He wouldn't eat or drink anything. Ugh! I just got him to start eating again after his 3 weeks of poo issues. Mr. Sweet-tooth wouldn't even eat a popsicle. So, they put him down for a nap.
- 3p-- Up from nap and playing again. Unfortunately Lu slipped on a stuffed animal and hit his head on the steps. Big goose egg. Bigger tantrum.
- 4p-- I arrive at daycare to pick up Ol' Lu; happy that he's finally healthy! Uh-oh. Why is he sitting on Pam's lap with his nuk in his mouth. Something's not right. And then I get the whole story of Lu's drama-packed day. The poor thing was starving and thirsty so I offered him his lunch again. He just cried every time he took a bite or sipped his milk. He pretty much tantrummed until we put him to bed at 7p. Which he's very good at by the way. He really has the whole stiff body, arched back, rolling on the floor thing down.
Thursday
- 7:00a - Still not drinking or eating. Then I finally got him to eat a popsicle.
- 8:30a -- Drop him off at daycare hoping for the best.
- 9:30a -- Received a call saying that he's shoving snack into his mouth and can't eat enough. All is well.
- 11:30a -- All the kids head inside for lunch. During the chaos Lu is literally runover by a preschooler in a "Fred Flinstone"-type car which resulted in a bloody lip. He was really not happy about that. They sat him down for lunch and he threw his food across the table. Then, just to spite everyone, he stole a cookie from the poor kid sitting next to him and started chewing on it like there's no tomorrow.
- 4:00p -- Pick him up and get the previous story. He did end up eating his lunch but he was still starving so he wedged himself under the exersaucer to catch all of the baby's dropped cheerios. The baby was still in the exersaucer, mind you. She had a fun time "dancing" on his head, but he didn't seem to mind. Is it bad that all of us (parents and daycare teachers included) just sat there and watched him? Is it bad that the daycare ladies have been caring for kids for 20 years and this was the first time they've seen one do something like this? In the end he got stuck and I had pull him out. We went home and he was much happier.
Lu's first Friday at daycare...and no owies or illnesses to speak of! However, I got a flat tire and had to spend the afternoon at Pep boys. But that's a whole other story.
OT: Tom's watching "Trapped in the Closet" as I'm writing this...I highly recommend it...it's total insanity. R. Kelly at his finest.
2 comments:
What an exciting life you lead! I think Lu is working hard to prevent any thoughts of a second child in Mom's and Dad's heads.
Haha. It's working!
Post a Comment