Monday, April 30, 2007

Our Week in Minnesota

Auntie Carol and Great-Grandma stopped by Saturday night to give Lu his birthday present (Thanks for the great book!).

It was near impossible to get a good picture.


This was taken a few hours before Lu's hospital visit.


The infamous hospital visit. Barry (the bear-creative, I know) kept him good company.


I kept waking up through out the night to see Lu sitting up, entangled in his IV line. I'm amazed he didn't pull it out.

The following morning. You can tell he's fully hydrated by the size of his diaper.


Tom's feeding Lu pedialyte through a syringe/medicine dropper. Lu was very apologetic for stressing out his parents and having to be admitted to the hospital.


Visiting with friends.




Lucius and Lotar (biiiig dog) got along famously. Lots of kisses were exchanged. Hopefully Lotar didn't catch "the virus".


I should mention that Lu cut another tooth (bottom right side) and is cutting about 2 more (bottom left side). Yes, that was on top of the 102 fever, vomiting, diarrhea, and double ear infection.


Playing with Uncle Paul.


Auntie Lisa and cousin Ryan.


Lu and Grandma blowing out their candles. Happy Birthday!


I suggested to Tom that he may not want to give Lu a whole piece of cake. Tom's response was, "Oh, he won't eat it all". Yeah, right. The kid has a major sweet teeth. Just like at daycare, he inserted some applause in between bites.


Grandma with grandsons. Looks like Ryan got all of the hair!


Our flight home. While it was great to see everyone, I wish "the virus" hadn't followed us West. Unfortunately, Grandpa caught it on Thursday. Word has it that he's feeling better. Sorry Grandpa! Get well soon!

2 comments:

Darren said...

Yuck. Pedialyte tastes awful. You are lucky to get Lu to drink any.

I really like the picture of you and Lu in the hospital bed. You look very stern.

Anonymous said...

Oh the poor little pumpkin. There is nothing worse them seeing a little one in a hospital bed. I'm so happy he's getting better. What a tough baby. The pictures and video are great and yes I heard him say "sorry mom" too!
Love you,
Auntie Cindy