Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the great birthday gift! Lu loves it! Although we're (especially Ichabod) a little nervous about him with a bat. Does that shirt look familiar Boyd's boys?
Well,one year ago today at 2:45p my water broke while I was napping in bed. It was a Saturday and Tom and I were planning on going out to eat for the last time pre-kid. Lu wasn't due until the following Friday (4/14), so we thought we had plenty of time. Of course Lucius had other plans. I should've known when I spent Friday night cleaning our bedroom like I had never cleaned before. I was just thankful that my water broke at home and not a day earlier while I was at work. What a mess! Luckily, Tom had been making me sleep on towel for the last month, so the bed was safe.
Since I was GBS positive the midwife said I had to be admitted as soon as my water broke (which only happens prior to labor starting 10% of the time). So, I knew dinner plans were cancelled and I had a long night ahead in the hospital. I was able to take a shower and we took a couple of "heading to the hospital" pictures. I called my parents to tell them to get their bags packed because they'd be driving to Connecticut the following morning.
Oh, poor Ichabod has no clue what's in store.
I spent the night hooked up to monitors and an IV (which took four tries!) of antibiotics and fluids. The doc checked me every few hours and gave me something (not pitocin, that came later) to speed things along.
I was able to call friends and family to tell them that this little boy would be here soon! But not soon enough - ha. Until tomorrow...
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Big Boy!!
Love, Aunt Cindy, Uncle Rik Alex and William
Post a Comment