Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Too many cooks in the kitchen

Lucius loves playing with kitchens soooo much that he finally got one of his own. I've had my eye out for 2 months and finally found this one. I know, it's pink and purple but it was only $12! I couldn't pass it up.




I found out that Lu's impossible to put to sleep at daycare. I had no clue! He's great at home. He still takes two 2-hour naps and sleeps about 10-11 hours at night. I've gotten to the point where I can put him in his crib sitting up, turn the lights out, and leave the room and he'll fall asleep without a fuss. Unfortunately daycare doesn't have a separate room for nap time, thus if someone's up and having fun Lu needs to be right in the middle of it. However, they are impressed with his mad dancing skillz. And I haven't even taught him my signature move yet.

7 comments:

Darren said...

What is your signature move? And, shouldn't he be learning Tom's?

Anonymous said...

Good deal on the kitchen!! The boys loved their kitchen as well. He is soooo cute. Love your blog!
Auntie Cindy

Anonymous said...

Lu's getting to be such a big boy. We have an aspiring Chef!:-) CJ likes pretending to cook with the play kitchens too. Then he likes to pretend to eat the food! He's also starting to sample all of the binkies and baby bottles in Bria's doll collection. He sees no reason to waste a good binkie on a doll! haha
JoAnn

Eve said...

Unfortunately, Tom doesn't have any dance moves. My signature move is the "crazy legs"...you'd have to see it.

Lu spends most of his day at the play kitchen at daycare, then comes home to do more cooking at his kitchen! At daycare they have this fake slab of beef that he likes to chew on all day. Yum!

How's Bria doing with sharing her toys? Usually, that's quite difficult!

Anonymous said...

Bria is doing well. She has her good days and her bad days.

We just keep explaining to her that you play with little kids and babies differently than you play with your friends. We tell her to cheer CJ on, to clap when he's trying to do something with a toy and tell him "good job!" a lot.

We also tell her he is too little to understand how to take turns and then we "help" to make sure Bria gets enough turns too.

She seems happy with that most of the time.

JoAnn

Anonymous said...

Well, Tom told me about your Blogger site and I have to say it was really awesome!! It's great to see how little Lu is doing, my God he is getting big. Isn't it absolutely unbelievable how overwhelming, awesome, scary, nerve racking, justifying, beautiful, heart warming, BEST THING EVER!, having a kid can be. I hope that there is a pipe organ out in your neck of the woods in need of servicing, it would be great to see you folks.
I know so much about computers, yea right, it would be rad if one of you guys could tell me how to set this up for Otto & Oliver. I know nothing of this "Frogging,Fogging,Blogging" stuff.
Hope to hear from you soon...scratching the Minnesota love, Mr. Dan Lange

Eve said...

Hey Dan, I'd love to help you guys set up a blog! Can't wait to see you, Anna, and the boys. -Eve