Before we left we gave detailed instructions to Sepi (our fab babysitter and Tom's former co-worker) about how to feed Lu dinner, change his diaper, put him to bed,console him when he cries yada yada yada. Anyway, when it was time to leave I was expecting some tears (because he loves his Mommy, right?). So, I stood by the sliding glass door peering in, waiting for Lu to realize that I was gone. Well, it didn't happen. Tom starting yelling at me for trying to get him to cry and so we left. When we got home Sepi said he didn't cry once and that they danced and sang and had a great time. :( Tom claims that's great news and that's the mark of a securely attached kid. Seeing as he doesn't care when I leave as long as he has someone's attention and that he's happy upon my return I think he's more "un-attached", which isn't even a style. My co-worker thinks "flexibly attached" would be a better label. Oy! This is what happens when psychologists become parents.
Here are some pictures from the tub tonight.

1 comment:
Just wait until about 2 years old. Each of our kids went through a "Mommy" stage around then.
Post a Comment