Thursday, June 17, 2010

Preschool Pictures

How cute are these?

Look at that hair!



The kids were allowed to pose with a favorite toy. Was there ever any question as to who would get the honor?



Oh, my Lucius is a boy. A big boy. No baby left in him. I feel like it happened overnight. We've only been in NJ for 2 years, but when we moved here Lucius was barely talking and still in diapers. Now he's a big boy. And he won't let you forget it.

For the past couple of months he's been into stories. As in, Tom or I (mostly Tom) has to make up 3 different stories everyday. Everyday! These stories typically involve some combination of Batman, Superman, Sportacus, or any number of Nick Jr. characters plus a villain or two (Penguin, Joker, etc...). That's a lot of creativity and thinking that we just don't have after working in academia all day. A couple nights ago Tom was driving home and telling the requisite "driving home from daycare" story when he wasn't paying attention and (barely) ran a red light. Unfortunately, it was the one light in town that has the red-light camera attached to it. So, no more stories while Daddy is driving since he got a ticket. I guess that's a win-lose for us?

In other news, Lu's been writing his name really well. We're impressed whenever he does anything remotely educational. For the most part he's content playing with his action figures and that's about it.

He's finally getting to the really fun age. The age where he's easy to take places and gets excited about things that I have fun doing too. ;) We're headed to the beach in a few days and I'm so excited to spend the day in the surf and sand with him. I don't have to worry about him pooping in those god awful swim diapers, or him having to take two naps or day, or waking us up at 5am. Four year olds are much easier than 1 year olds...in some ways. The whole attitude and fighting I could do without!

No comments: