Monday, June 2, 2008

SRI 2008

Well, I survived SRI 2008 (aka nerdfest 2008). I spent Wednesday through Sunday at Cornell (Ithaca, NY) attending a research institute with 15 other people. It was actually quite the good time. We spent 9a-5p in the computer lab analyzing data and then ate some great food at night. Honestly, I gained about 5 lbs. while I was there. They supplied lots of food. Ithaca is a really cute progressive hippy town smack dab in the middle of nowhere.

I did take a couple of pictures.
These are from my hotel room. A truly beautiful campus.



Taughannock Falls (those are some SRI peeps down there).



We did a wine tasting and ate dinner at Sheldrake Point Vineyard . Excellent wine. I sampled quite a few. Their 2006 Dry Riesling has won several awards. And I must say it was good for a white wine.



They really had a great mix of interesting people...social workers, pediatricians, a lawyer, psychologists, grad students etc...lots of fun. Everyone wanted to know if we could come back next year.;)


The best part was coming home and having Lu give me the biggest hug and kiss ever. "Mommy home! Look Daddy, I kiss Mommy!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Lu, so sweet! Those pictures you took are beautiful. The clouds look three dimensional. Glad you had a great time!