I took Lu to the doc's Thursday morning and found out that the Augmentin that he had just finished the night before didn't cure his ear infection. His ear looked worse than before! The doc brought out the big guns and put him on a 10-day course of Omnicef. If this doesn't work we're off to the ENT for possible tubes.
He's been on antibiotics since early March and I would hate for him to be on them much longer.
Luckily Lu hasn't had a fever since Friday afternoon but he hasn't eaten much since last Tuesday...unless you count the old piece of cat hair-covered shredded wheat that he found under the recliner or some sweet smelling silica gel (I'll get to that one later). My big man has lost some weight but I'm sure he'll put it back on soon.
I'm pretty sure he's not eating because of his FIVE new teeth. At least that's how many I can count. With the fever, infection, and teething the poor thing was miserable.
Last night Tom had to make our first call to Poison Control. Lu had been chewing on the cap to our Airborne tablets. FYI, they put that silica gel moisture absorbing stuff in it and so toddlers probably shouldn't be chewing on it. Of course we realized this when most of that stuff had already been consumed. It was actually the happiest he had been all week. Maybe we discovered some new teething/ear infection cure. Anyhoo, they said it wasn't poisonous, only a potential choking hazard. He seems fine today!
Tom's off to Orlando for a conference (that lucky @#%@#$) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Lu's cleared for daycare on Monday.
We found a new park but it wasn't that impressive.
Feeling his new teeth.
Climbing over the rail.
1 comment:
Oh My!! That old Lu. Gosh you're hilarious Eve. I'm glad baby is okay. Aunt Cindy
Post a Comment